OzDAFNE HP workshops
Some DAFNE participants find that their own health professionals are not that familiar with DAFNE. They may feel like they are not getting the support they need when they return to usual care. Some health professionals may feel that they don’t have the knowledge to support DAFNE participants. They may like to learn more about the program and how to best support their clients. OzDAFNE Health Professional (HP) Workshops were created in response to this feedback.
The one-day workshop is aimed at health professionals involved in the direct care and support of people with type 1 diabetes. The workshop covers:
- The history and evidence base of the DAFNE program
- Insulin dose adjustment using the DAFNE principles
- The DAFNE approach to food and carbohydrate counting
- DAFNE hypoglycaemia management
- DAFNE ketone and illness guidelines
- DAFNE and exercise
- How to support DAFNE graduates in the community
- How to refer suitable patients to the program
- The OzDAFNE accreditation and training process for health professionals
The workshop also includes an opportunity to discuss the pros and cons of the DAFNE approach with a participant who has completed the program.
OzDAFNE HP Workshops are run regularly at Diabetes Victoria in Melbourne and at the Mater Hospital in Brisbane. They are also occasionally run at other locations around the country. Upcoming workshops are listed below:
Melbourne (Diabetes Victoria)
Time: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Cost: $120 per person (Diabetes Victoria HP Members) OR $150 per person (non-members) inc. GST
More information and bookings: Click your preferred date above for more information about the workshop and to book.
Workshop flyer: Download the flyer.
Brisbane (Mater Hospital)
2018 dates to be confirmed shortly.